The new bench mark for the production of finished moulded intraocular lenses and related products.
The technology offers high quality and high flexibility for the demands of modern batch manufacturing. This is achieved by separating the main process functions and developing some innovative solutions.
– Automated injection moulding, inspection and packaging of disposable moulds.
– Automated production line (handling, filling, capping and staking) with traceability.
The technology regards the polymerisation process as separate function. This means our clients can continue to use their existing process (heat or UV).
The technology brings the following benefits compared to a similar traditional lathing/milling/polishing technology:
– High output capacity (750,000 pieces per year per production line)
– Flexibility in product type (blanks, semi-finished and finished lenses)
– Flexibility in batch size and lens power
– Production cost reduction 50 to 75%
– Human ressources reduction > 75%
– Space requirement reduction > 75%
– Energy consumption reduction > 50%
– Waste reduction > 75%
The technology was developed and made in Europe. It can be easily transferred and used in other parts of the world for localised manufacturing.
In the near future (last quarter of 2022) an automated power/MTF and cosmetic inspection module will also be available. This will bring significant benefits to manufacturer by reducing inherent variabilities and provide significant cost reductions for the quality control function.
Innovative solutions for a more efficient, costs effective and sustainable manufacturing technology.
Please contact us for more information